It has been a few days since the AWAKEN Conference. By now, you’re settling back into the rhythms of everyday life. You may be thinking… what’s next? Where do I go from here? Here’s a roadmap and a few resources to help along the way.
STEP 1: ABIDE
Nothing is more important than spending time with Jesus. Read your Bible every day. Make no exceptions. The Word of God is the only resource you need to be God’s man or woman in your town. If you take nothing away from AWAKEN except this, it would be more than enough.
- Join the Journey is Watermark’s daily devotional reading plan. Sign up to receive a devotional in your inbox or download the app from the App Store and Google Play.
- The NET Bible. We partnered with our friends at bible.org to provide each of you a copy of the NET Bible at AWAKEN. The NET Bible takes the best scholarship and historical manuscripts available in order to produce a translation true to the original languages. Be sure to take advantage of the notes to help you dig deeper.
- Wrestling with the sufficiency of scripture? Listen to these messages: Can We Trust the Bible? & Is the Bible Outdated?
STEP 2: STRENGTHEN YOUR CHURCH
God’s Word says that being part of a local church is God’s way of caring for you.
- Wondering why it’s important to be part of the church? Give this a listen.
- Church hopping? Commit to finding a healthy church. Here’s how to choose.
- Once you’ve found a church, serve like crazy.
STEP 3: DO LIFE WITH GOD’S PEOPLE
We weren’t meant to do life alone. Find a few people who want to follow Christ like you do and commit to doing life with them.
- Here’s how to crush it at being in a community group or small group
- Struggling with being authentic with God’s people? Start by asking these three questions.
- Authentic community is forged, not found. Be committed to work through conflict and stick with it. Here’s a field guide to conflict to help.
STEP 4: KEEP LEARNING
- Come & See by Todd Wagner. What is God’s plan for His Church? Why does it matter? Todd unpacks why being part of Jesus’ Church is the most exciting adventure there is.
- Welcome to Adulting by Jonathan Pokluda. A great read to help you navigate faith, friendship, finances and the future.
- Ready or Knot by Scott Kedersha. Engaged or seriously dating? Here are 12 conversations every couple needs to have before marriage.
- The Porch. Become a Porchie. Listen to weekly sermons from The Porch.
- Views from the Porch. Conversations about how to thrive in your 20s & 30s.
- Watermark Community Church weekly sermon podcast.
- Real Truth. Real Quick. A weekly video podcast from Todd Wagner answering questions on life, leadership and the world we live in.
- Watermark’s Church Leadership Podcast. A great resource for anyone in vocational ministry. Are you a young church leader? We’d start with this episode.