Matt Chandler interviewing Tony Romo
- grew up in a Methodist church in Kansas
- in college, wanted to explore a relationship with Christ
- accepted Christ as his savior then
- his relationship now is something he wants to grow in
What does it look like to be a missionary on the Dallas Cowboys?
- awkward starting point to ask "do you know who Jesus Christ is?"
- go out there and live your life
- brought in Chandler to speak to the team
- some of the team are already there
- a process we all need to grow in
When did you know you were better than all the other kids?
- Chandler: Romo could have been in basketball, too
- It always feels like you're trying to overcome some deficiency
- that always keeps us learning and helps us get better
It seems like the Lord has been faithful to put guys in your life. Talk about how that's occurred.
- we live in a world where we want things right now
- when you look back on your life, events and turmoil bring you to the place you are now
- the people in my life are part of what got me here
- when I look back, I wouldn't change anything in getting here
- the people in my life keep me moving forward
There is a lot of "this is what you need to do if you want to see people come to the Lord". Living in a truly secular environment, what is the thing you've seen that tends to attract people to the Lord?
- the ability to know that everything in here is imperfect
- we all make mistakes and are finding our own battles
- letting people know that things aren't perfect in our lives
- when you understand that, it's easier to keep moving toward the Lord
- when you fall, you get back up and keep on toward the Lord
- when you learn that, it's easy to be around people
- everyone is going to fail, it's through the grace of God that we grow
If you weren't ballin', what would you be doing?
- if football wasn't where I was supposed to be, I give it up to You (Lord)
- I gave it all up and was willing to accept it