It has been a few days since the AWAKEN Conference. By now, you’re settling back into the rhythms of everyday life. You may be thinking… what’s next? Where do I go from here? Here’s a roadmap and a few resources to help along the way.
STEP 1: ABIDE
Nothing is more important than spending time with Jesus. Read your Bible every day. Make no exceptions. The Word of God is the only resource you need to be God’s man or woman in your town. If you take nothing away from AWAKEN except this, it would be more than enough.
- Join the Journey is Watermark’s daily devotional reading plan. Sign up to receive a devotional in your inbox or download the app from the App Store and Google Play.
- The NET Bible. We partnered with our friends at bible.org to provide each of you a copy of the NET Bible at AWAKEN. The NET Bible takes the best scholarship and historical manuscripts available in order to produce a translation true to the original languages. Be sure to take advantage of the notes to help you dig deeper.
- Wrestling with the sufficiency of scripture? Listen to these messages: Can We Trust the Bible? & Is the Bible Outdated?
STEP 2: STRENGTHEN YOUR CHURCH
God’s Word says that being part of a local church is God’s way of caring for you.
STEP 3: DO LIFE WITH GOD’S PEOPLE
We weren’t meant to do life alone. Find a few people who want to follow Christ like you do and commit to doing life with them.
STEP 4: KEEP LEARNING
- Come & See by Todd Wagner. What is God’s plan for His Church? Why does it matter? Todd unpacks why being part of Jesus’ Church is the most exciting adventure there is.
- Welcome to Adulting by Jonathan Pokluda. A great read to help you navigate faith, friendship, finances and the future.
- Ready or Knot by Scott Kedersha. Engaged or seriously dating? Here are 12 conversations every couple needs to have before marriage.